We will be holding three markets in December on Saturday 2nd, 9th and 16th December, 9-1pm.
- We are now dusting ourselves down for THREE Christmas Markets at the farm, each Saturday in December. We start this weekend with a mini market round our courtyard, food, drink and craft, 9-1pm. 😍 #christmasmarket #christmasmarketnorwich #christmaseventsnorwich #christmasevents #festivecraft
- 💔 It is with a heavy heart this week that we share the news that our beloved labrador, Freekah has gone to heaven. The farmer and his family are desperately sad and their home is not the same without their faithful friend.
Freekah was a special sort of dog, our shadow in every way. She watched us build White House Farm into what it is today, she even met each and every customer in the early days. She was particularly excited when we added a butchery to the farmshop and sampled many a bone gifted by Stevie Wonder. 🦴 She had a love of fruit, could pick her own strawberries and blackberries with the nimblest nose, but her favourite were the pears which waited to fall. 🍐
She attended meetings, often sighing at appropriate points, she met school children on their farm tours and loved meeting dogs in the Doggy Day care.
For someone so silent, her presence was keenly felt. She has been laid to rest under the autumn leaves and will be fondly remembered by the many people she met. She had quite a fan club! 🍂
I feel truly privileged to have owned a dog for ten years and for the wonderful memories we created together. She always had a present in her gentle mouth, often a small stone, carefully selected. She joined every adventure with gusto from chasing the fox away from the chickens to taking a keen interest in crabbing on the family bucket and spade holidays. 🦀
As a tribute to the great lady, we thought we'd donate her advent calendar to the cafe dogs that visit, so the team can select a 'dog of the day' to enjoy a bone each day.
🍐 RIP Freekah 2013-2023 🍐
- I was originally inspired by @anna_s_table this is a mean winter soup and one of the farmer's favourites! Such a simple recipe to make, cooked ahead of time, it only gets better. Enjoy every mouthful.👌
450 g of award winning sausages from White House Farm, casings removed
250 g/9 oz button mushrooms cooked off in advance
150 g/5.5 oz cream cheese
2 medium carrots, grated
1 can (400 g/15 oz) chickpeas, drained
3 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 L chicken stock and 150g spelt barley or similar
250 ml coconut milk
spices: 1 tsp each: dried oregano, dried sage, dried thyme, black pepper
Good squeeze of lemon juice 🍋
1 tbsp soy sauce
Method; Fry the sausage meat with the garlic, onion and carrot until well browned. Add the stock, coconut milk and evvend simmer gently until the spelt is cooked through.
- Come and keep dry in our grainbarn today for our monthly Farmers Market! It's on 9-1pm with a warm hot chocolate waiting for you in the cafe. #norwichevents #indepedentbusiness #familyfarming #community #lovelocal #café #dogfriendly #awardwinningsausages #butchery #freeparking
- Fantastic , you're never to old to pick a pumpkin! 🎃 #lovelocal #norwichevents #community #familyfarming #indepedentbusiness
- Any brilliant baristas out there looking for a busy Saturday making beautiful coffees at the farm? Previous experience/training is essential. Contact us at [email protected]
- Last chance for a pumpkin, Happy Halloween!! #dogfriendly #Halloween #pumpkinpatchkids #café #lovelocal #norwichevents The patch will be open until 3.45pm today. 🎃
- The pumpkin patch will be open all week for half term. Please pay for them in the shop. #pumpkinpatchkids #Halloween #café #dogfriendly #tribenorfolk #awardwinningsausages
- Tomorrow is our October Farmers Market, safely undercover in our grain barn, 9-1pm:
A special celebration of this wonderful time of year. 🍁🍂
We are as ever bringing you the best of food and craft from around Norfolk. We have chutney, jam, honey, pork pies, cakes, breads, cider, beers and more. Celebrate these wonderful local businesses - why not spend a morning on the farm and choose your perfect pumpkin from the patch. Happy days. 🎃
#cafe #farmshop #familyfarming #butchery #norwichevents
- It's our farmers market tomorrow with some wonderful local stalls attending as well our pumpkin patch still has hundreds of pumpkins to choose from. Come and enjoy a good Saturdaty trip down to the farm. #lovelocal #café #dogfriendly #Halloween #pumpkinpatchkids #tribenorfolk #awardwinningsausages
- It's our farmers market this Saturday 9-1pm, with the pumpkin patch in full swing so do come and join us. Bring your four legged friends too. 📸🎃 #lovelocal #Halloween #pumpkinpatchkids #butchery #café #norwichevents #tribenorfolk #independentbusinesses #dogfriendly #freeparking
- Celebrating Autumn produce...
With help from @dottydungarees
- We love our customers so much, you keep us smiling with your pics. 🤣 Thank you Rita for sharing. The farmer loves this one! 🧡🧡 #pumpkinpatchkids #Halloween #café #lovelocal
- Pumpkin mania starts this Saturday from 9am. Come and join and choose your perfect pump. Wellies at the ready! #pumpkinpatch #pumpkinpatchkids #Halloween #farmshop #café #butchery #communityhub
- There is still time to apply for our Christmas Markets which are running each Saturday in December. We are looking for all things, foodie, crafty and Christmassy. Come and be part of our buzzy community for the day! To apply:
https://www.whfnorwich.com/market-signup/index.php?eventID=7 #christmasmarketnorwich #christmasmarket #christmasmarket2023 #norwichevents #norfolkpassport #tribenorfolk #norwichbutcher #norwichfarmshop